3.5.11

This is why I read

I just read Tweet Sering's Wander Girl. And out of all the Summit Books I've read, it has got to be the one that I love most.

Hilda, the protagonist, couldn't be any more different from me. But you could tell a good book in the way that it remains true and poignant to anyone who reads it, regardless of whether or not the reader should be able to relate to it or not.

These past few years, the best word to probably describe me is restless. I've been wanting a lot of things like crazy. I'm never sure if I'm at the right place. I'm not sure if where I'm going is where I actually want to head to. But this book has taught me to be hopeful, to have faith. That no matter where I am now, I am on the right track. Because as cliche as it may sound, I have faith that it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment