26.8.12

On reading

For the past few months, my reading patterns have changed so much. It used to be that I would read  "serious" books alongside romance and fanfiction. But now, that's hardly the case. Not that I have an issue with that. Because more than reading about things, reading for me is like an escape.

But I guess, that's what bothers me more. I read now solely for escape. I have been living vicariously through the characters I read about. Because they can do things that I can't. Because their lives are so much more exciting than mine. Because frankly, I don't know where I can find these so-called adventures like they do.

And what scares me by having this choice for escape is that I have been living passively. Because I know that at the end of the day, I will have my characters to turn to, I just wait for things to happen to me. Wait for things, opportunities, chances to drop on my lap. Things are great and I am thankful. But I know there is a lot more that I can do, I can work on. I just don't know where to start.

I hope this is just the quarterlife crisis talking. That I'll figure out things soon, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment